A Little Rant for August

>> Saturday, August 25, 2007

I went to go see the movie Stardust on Thursday night. I thought it was pretty darn good, and the scenery was amazing. Incredible. I'm gonna find out where it was filmed and go there someday. There've been alot of fantasy movies out lately, but this has got to be the best since Lord of the Rings. In any case. Loved the movie. I really did. But it would seem that I have some latent feminist bra-burning gene which I heretofore would not have suspected, but there you have it (or rather, I have it). Can someone out there please tell me why women in movies are always:

  • shallow and conniving (like the chick the hero of this movie lusts after, at least at the beginning)
  • evil (like the evil witches, of which there are several in this movie)
  • helplessly controlled by other, evil women (such as the hero's mom in this movie)
  • incapable of saving the world (or themselves for that matter) without the love of a good guy (like the beautiful not-shallow chick that the hero finally falls for by the end of this movie)

Why, why, why? It's total horseshit.
Well I guess that's it. August's rant.
Wish I could say I felt better for having written this. But as Mahatma Gandhi said: “You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result”.
Hence the blog.

0 comments: