The Republic of Cortesia

>> Sunday, September 16, 2007

Well folks, I'm slowly getting used to life in Comox... Didn't think it would ever happen, and I find myself spending too much time moping on the beach, but still... At least there's a beach upon which to mope. School's ticking along just fine, and I'm learning alot... I've decided to make good use of my time on Canada's extreme left coast and see a bit of the island while I'm here. In that spirit, today I headed off to Cortes Island, which I believe is the very first Gulf Island I've been to. Strictly speaking though I had to cross Quadra to get there. So my second. Always assuming my swiss-cheese like memory is correct. Which it quite possibly isn't. But anyways, my brain cramps up when think too hard so I shall not belabour the point (any further). In any case. Back to Cortes. What a little slice of heaven that place is, although I imagine that if I lived there all I'd ever want to do is leave. But I am a rather perverse person when it comes to these things. Never happy with where I'm at, always looking at something shiny just out of reach. Which is what took me to Cortes in the first place. And I'm just writing in circles here. Apologies to all three of my quasi-regular readers (the rest of you princesses can just suck it up). I've decided that Sunday shall be travel day (school permitting), and I will attempt to visit a different location every week. As I started off with a rather obscure island for my first trip, next week I'll go all touristy and try to hit Tofino and Long Beach. And next time I'll remember to bring my digital point and shoot. No pics for this post as I was shooting for an assignment in black and white, and have to develop my film and print pictures (much of which remains a big mystery to me). And of course assuming that anything I shot is worth looking at. I don't really favour the odds of that... Not that my teachers aren't good. Quite the opposite. For those of you who might be curious I've posed links to my teachers' websites in my "Miscellaneous Links" section. I'll add others when possible...

1 comments:

Care 10:06 am  

ok, ok, i completely suck. i have been reading, but not commenting, and seriously, what's better than finding comments on your blog?
anyhoo. where to start? ok, photo. i think once you get the hang of processing and printing you are going to LOVE it. i did it for about 6 years, and it was great for my god complex. you basically get to control every aspect of how you are going to show someone something. its fab. i really miss being in a darkroom!
as for "something shiny", im always looking for another place to go and see. the world is my "something shiny" and im always restless. thats usually why i spend every last cent on travel, when i really need to be paying the cable bill or for groceries. so there's nothing wrong with it;)
phew. ok, im done rambling! i cant wait to see some of your "good" photos! (even tho the ones from india on your digital were badass!):)