A Weekend in Deroche

>> Monday, September 10, 2007


So... Had a whole three days off school last weekend and had to take advantage of the opportunity to go back to Deroche. I was immediately plunged back into the drama that is home. It was a final chance to swim in the lake, an opportunity to harvest some of the food I grew in the garden, and as it turns out, also an occasion to bury two of my ducks
As oft mentioned before Geordie is not a good dog, and he lived up to his reputation for severe badness this weekend by killing both Giselle, my much-beloved little brown duck, and Thyme my gorgeous new drake.
Top it all off with a headbutt to the nose, courtesy of a six year old (who shall remain unnamed as I must maintain plausible deniability in case the body ever surfaces), and you have one hell of a rough weekend...
Final score:
Dead ducks: 2
Possibly fractured noses: 1
Geordie: still batting 1000 in the badness category
And the winner is... Well, certainly not me (she of the painful red nose), definitely not my ducks, and probably not the six year old.
Yep. Geordie McNab the Horrible is, as always, the ultimate victor. An additional 387 bonus points to him for chasing the cat into the duck pond just before I left to catch the ferry Monday morning.

As for the picture, it's the sunset as I left the island.
The video is of the ferry ride home...

0 comments: